From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) [mailto:RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 1:25 PM
To: Ugo Corda; David Orchard; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Questions prompted by the publication of WS-ReliableMessaging

Maybe this is a dumb question, but does it have to be "submitted to" the WS-TC for that TC to pick it up and use it?  I seem to recall that there are no IPR hurdles in that spec.

But I also agree with David Orchard said -- or at least my perception of it.  Why the heck are we spending all this time discussing what an OASIS TC should be doing?  If we really wanted to keep WS-RM in the W3C we could have aggressively gone after chartering a WG.  I recall that a couple of F2F's ago we discussed doing the things that would lead in this direction and decided not to.  I recall that one of the reasons at the time was that many people thought that this activity probably was better done in OASIS.  Well, it's there now.  End of story as far as I can see.

Let's get on with what we are supposed to be doing.