Re: Questions prompted by the publication of WS-ReliableMessaging

From: Jon Dart <jdart@tibco.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:45:36 -0800
To: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Ugo Corda wrote:
> WS-Reliability does not seem to preclude supporting bindings other than HTTP.

Indeed. But there are numerous practical obstacles to having it support
MOM. I won't list them all, but one crucial difference is that
WS-ReliableMessaging uses policy assertions to publish messaging options
in the form of shared metadata. In the OASIS spec, there is no metadata
(WSDL is a "futures" item), so everything is done in the SOAP headers.
What if your messaging system needs to set up reliable delivery options
before it can receive a message? Not possible in the present form of the
spec.

--Jon