From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Assaf Arkin
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2003 3:05 PM
To: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org; 'Ugo Corda'; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Questions prompted by the publication of
WS-ReliableMessaging

I agree with Ugo. Reading through the abstract it's obvious that we have
two specifications that solve the same problem. Is there a value in
that?

I actually dug deeper into the specs and I can tell that there are some
differences. But most of us don't have the time to compare green apples
to red apples. It would have been much easier if someone could present a
list of the difference. If WS-ReliableMessaging does something better
than WS-RM then clearly it could be summarized in two pages and
presented to the WS community so we can judge.

Maybe they are so different that we need to have both. I don't see that,
but a more educated explanation would help. Maybe the changes are minor,
in which case such a comparison could help the OASIS TC in addressing
the problem of reliable messaging in a much better way.

Am I the only one interested in seeing such a comparison?

arkin