Questions prompted by the publication of WS-ReliableMessaging

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:43:53 -0800
To: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>
Probably most people in the group have had a chance by now to see this week's announcement of the publication of WS-ReliableMessaging (see [1]).

After a quick reading of the spec, I have to say that I don't see any major architectural/technical differences compared to the OASIS WS-ReliableMessaging TC activity and its input document WS-Reliability (or at least differences big enough to justify going a completely separate way).

I really hope that some WSA members whose companies published the new reliability spec can help me clarify the previous point and provide some architectural/technical rationale for the separate publication.

Thank you,
Ugo

P.S. No need to answer if the rationale for publication is a political one (I can figure that out by myself ...).

[1] http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2003-03-13-a.html