Re: Comments on WSA "Architectural Style" section 1.2

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 06:19:44PM -0800, David Orchard wrote:
> I followed Roy's style of derivation.  That is, a number of exclusive axis
> are refined indpendently then joined together.  For example, Client-Server
> is refined by Layering, to produce LCS style.  Then LCS is combined with
> other axis, such as $, UI, etc., to form REST style.
>
> I'd be curious as to what is wrong with that?  Seems like what's good for
> REST is good for SOA.

I agree that this is the right approach.

So back to my original comment, which was that using this approach,
"vanilla" SOA can't be said to use the "identify resources" constraint,
since one of the derived styles, "Mediated SOA", does not.

I don't want to dwell on this - if you disagree, I'll submit it is an
issue.  I just want to make sure REST is well represented (pun
intended 8-), and any comparisons are as accurate as possible.