RE: MEP text

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:40:44 -0700
To: <jones@research.att.com>, <dmh@contivo.com>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

> The way I see it, MEPs talk in terms of the
> messages exchanged at a a rather atomic binding/operation level.
> Choreography builds on the foundation that the MEPs provide.

I agree. Both WS-Chor and BPEL rely on WSDL and its MEPs. As you say, "Web service description languages at the level of WSDL view MEPs from
the perspective of a particular service node". So at a minimum the choreography would establish MEPs at the level where two nodes are involved (like SOAP - and if the WSDL is actually bound to SOAP, those choreography MEPs would directly map to SOAP MEPs).

In the general case, the choreography might add more sophisticated MEPs that are not in WSDL or SOAP.

Ugo