RE: Proposed text for 2.2.21 (take 2)

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:50:05 -0700
To: "Francis McCabe" <fgm@fla.fujitsu.com>, "Hao He" <Hao.He@thomson.com.au>
Cc: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

> I would strongly suggest removing the references to using HTTP GET as a
> way of sending messages. Mark B is right on this one. If you want to
> use HTTP, the appropriate verb is POST.

I don't fully understand your comment. I think Hao was referring to the Web Method feature of SOAP 1.2. According to that feature, an HTTP GET represents a particular binding of a SOAP Response MEP. So an HTTP GET used in this context is a legitimate realization of the type of messages we address in this spec.

> I suggest further that the plain XML reference is not one that has been
> endorsed by the group. Indeed I recall significant pushback on this  one...

I agree.

Ugo