From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 12:59 PM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Verbiage from TAG

The most recent architecture document from the TAG includes the following.
I personally do not understand why SOAP is being called an architectural
style and what a meta-architecture is.

<quote>
4. Interaction
This section will describe the architectural principles and constraints
regarding interactions between components, including such topics as network
protocols and interaction styles, along with interactions between the Web as
a system and the people that make use of it. This will include the role of
architectural styles, such as REST and SOAP, and the impact of
meta-architectures, such as Web Services and the Semantic Web.

</quote>