From: Ugo Corda [mailto:UCorda@SeeBeyond.com]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 11:20 PM
To: Assaf Arkin
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Web Service Description and stateful services - (on the
'www-ws@w3.org' list) Debating on a) Stateful Web Service Instances b)
Stateful Interaction - OGSI

> What do we call the internals? Is it a 'service' but not a 'Web
> service', the 'service behind the service', the 'Web service whose
> definition is given by more than WSDL/SOAP', or something totally
> difference?

In my view a Web service includes both the WSDL definition (the
"interface syntax") and its semantics. I would only decide to use a Web
service after knowing its semantics.

The problem is that so far we only have a standardized way of describing
the interface. The current work of the WSD group on RDF/OWL is an
attempt to provide a standardized way to describe the semantics. But
again the concept of Web service should include both the interface and
the semantics behind.

Ugo