Re: Proposal to Simplify the UML

From: Anders W. Tell <anderst@toolsmiths.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:20:39 +0200
To: "Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)" <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Just to share some information from  the UN/CEFACT Modeling Methodology
Meta Model (UMM-MM) which contains the Business Collaboration Framework
(BCF) that layers ontop of WebsServices (SOAP 1.1).  The UMM-MM is a UML
profile so it implicitly requires UML

<http://webster.disa.org/cefact-groups/tmg/downloads/BPWG/drafts/UMM-MM-V20030117.zip>

Page 11 and forward describes the Business Service View (BSV) that is
the layer just above implementation and messaging (IFV).

We (UN/CEFACT) are increasing our efforts to integrate more with Web
Services technologies and the UML model of SOAP is certainly something
we are interested in since our core meta model is based on UML.

regards
/anders w. tell
--
/ Business Collaboration Toolsmiths /