Re: Role of AS2?

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:19:54 -0400
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

It's pretty much a "profile" (in the WS-I sense of the word) for using
existing standards with HTTP.

Unlike Web services though, it uses HTTP as a transfer protocol rather
than a transport protocol.  This is a good thing.

It seems very nicely done to me, and quite RESTful.  The only things I
might have done differently would be to use HTTP GET with MDNs
(simplifying a lot of the MDN stuff), RFC 2774 to get mandatory
extensions, and RFC 2817 instead of dealing with https: URIs.

MB