Re: SOAP UML diagram

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:30:04 +0200
To: Martin Chapman <martin.chapman@oracle.com>
Cc: Jean-Jacques Moreau <jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

Hi Martin.

I will also reply to your other email, but for now:

* Martin Chapman <martin.chapman@oracle.com> [2003-06-12 09:57-0700]
> Bottom line is that a message may end up in the hands of more than one
> ultimate  receiver in a multicast transport.
> I think the discussion is really about whether one thinks of multicast as a
> single path with multiple recipients (the * on ultimate receiver), or
> multiple paths, one for each recipient ( a 1 on ultimate receiver). Both are
> equally valid models, but which one do we (and the xmlp guys) prefer?

My understanding of SOAP 1.2, and therefore my preference for us, is
the latter.

But I think that Jean-Jacques was going with the former, and he is an
XMLP guy, so I am not sure which one is the right one now.

I think that we should get this right though. Maybe Jean-Jacques can
help us on this.

Regards,

Hugo

--