RE: SOAP UML diagram

From: Martin Chapman <martin.chapman@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:57:41 -0700
To: "Hugo Haas" <hugo@w3.org>, "Jean-Jacques Moreau" <jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Cc: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

Hugo,

Bottom line is that a message may end up in the hands of more than one
ultimate  receiver in a multicast transport.
I think the discussion is really about whether one thinks of multicast as a
single path with multiple recipients (the * on ultimate receiver), or
multiple paths, one for each recipient ( a 1 on ultimate receiver). Both are
equally valid models, but which one do we (and the xmlp guys) prefer?

Martin.