Nomenclature

From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 16:42:04 -0500
To: "www-ws-arch@w3.org" <'www-ws-arch@w3.org'>

It seems obvious to me at this point that the WG is going to insist on
"branding" Web services with WSDL and SOAP -- and maybe that's a good
thing.  Nonetheless, I think that there is a need for some sort of
nomenclature to describe the "other stuff" that is app<->app using
standard Web messaging.  I don't think there's any reason not to make up
nomenclature.  How about "Web Application Communicator"?  Perhaps not
quite, but I'm sure you get the drift.

Any better ideas?