RE: Message Recipient 2.2.26 & Sender 2.2.27 text

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:09:23 -0700
To: "Francis McCabe" <fgm@fla.fujitsu.com>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

Intermediaries have always been a question mark in my mind.

SOAP talks about them (but not too much in detail).
WSDL is unaware of them.
The WS-I Basic Profile considers intermediaries-related interop as out of its scope.
The WS-I Security Profile is debating them right now, and a few people are thinking of considering them out of scope (which is understandable, but at the same time ironic since many usual example of intermediaries are related to security).

Ugo