RE: Revised proposed text for intermediary

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:03:05 -0700
To: "Hugo Haas" <hugo@w3.org>, "Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)" <RogerCutler@chevrontexaco.com>
Cc: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

The examples given (proxies and firewalls) sound like examples of
transfer protocol-level intermediaries rather than message-level
intermediaries (e.g. HTTP intermediaries instead of SOAP
intermediaries). Is that our intent?

SOAP part 1 (the one defining SOAP intermediaries) does not mention
proxies or firewalls at all.
SOAP part 2 refers to HTTP proxies "acting between the SOAP nodes" (i.e.
not an example of SOAP intermediary).

Ugo