Re: TAG discussion of WS visibility issue

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 09:39:59PM -0400, Champion, Mike wrote:
> I personally think that Roy Fielding summed it up quite well:
>
>   Things that are universal standards are inherently more
>   "visible" than object-specific semantics, because you don't
>   have to go look up the non-standard semantics. It is a design
>   trade-off. There is no point in convincing Web Services to use
>   a uniform interface, since the whole point of WSA is to develop
>   programmable interfaces

Exactly.  I find it curious that you chose this quote of his, because
IMO, it's the most damning of the approach currently being taken, of
anything in the minutes.  You realize that Roy believes that
object-specific semantics are a mistake, right?

'I don't believe the "community at large" wants anything even remotely
like application-specific contracts.  What they want is integrated
applications.'
 -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Mar/0178.html

Mark.