RE: Proposed text on reliability in the web services architecture

> I suppose so, but as Peter points out, there is certainly a lot of value
> in the n=2 case.  Most of the usage cases of which I am aware are built
> on this, even those with many players since they usually just interact
> pairwise.  Most of the business interactions which I am aware of
> providing current value seem to be stay in the n=2 case.

I definitely agree. I do see more n=2 cases than n>2 cases, and most
business interactions do involve n=2 interactions or do multi-party
interactions in a way that forces n=2 interactions. This might be a best
practice or maybe a limitation of tools to properly address n>2
interactions.

Regardless, we have to determine whether WS is intended solely for the
purpose of addressing business interactions or whether it provides a
framework for interacting services. Many business applications that do n=2
business interactions also do n>2 interactions between their components.
That would be a place where WS could replace legacy and proprietary
protocols, and I believe would be of interest to the W3C.

arkin