Re: Generic URI things

----- Original Message -----
From: Christopher B Ferris

> > It's uniform, because the meaning of
> > "MONITOR" and "WATCH" is meaningful to all things with identity (I can
> > use it to monitor dogs, chickens, lava flows, weather reports).
>
> No it isn't. It is meaningful to resources which support that method for
> starters.

I think he means 'useful to attempt to apply to all things' rather than 'all
things can and do understand and support being monitored'.

Meaningful is separate from supported.
It makes sense that you might be able to or might want to do this operation
with all sorts of resources, without regard to the specific type or meaning
of the resource. The purpose of watching/monitoring/subscribing to a
resource may be different based on the particular resource, but a
monitor/watch/subscription is a useful concept across the board.