Re: Summing up on visibility(?)

From: S. Mike Dierken <mdierken@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:47:13 -0800
To: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

> > Whatever.  All I know is that every day I see another article in the
trade
> > press about this; today's is
> > http://www.networkmagazine.com/article/NMG20021223S0005

The trade press also talks about (in this article)

 "The Extensible Markup Language (XML) protocol ..."
 "XML messages can bring [...] load balancers to a stop"
 "As an environment, XML is technically an application problem; it only
requires a TCP stream to function "
 "Traditional firewalls don't work because most XML implementations will
travel over Port 80, which is open to HTML traffic"
 "...Web service protocols such as XML ..."

And these are just the immediately obvious things. So what is talked about
isn't necessarily a real issue, but it probably does deserve discussion and
illumination.