Re: Summing up on visibility(?)

Mark,

This started out with an example using POST. You promptly changed it to
PUT
but none of this addressed the point I was attempting to make with POST.

While I would agree that having PUT do something other than PUT semantics
would be undesireable, my point was related to POST which has fairly
flexible
semantics and the case where I could accept more than one type of entity
body
on a POST to a given URI.

I'm still waiting for an answer and I don't believe that my original point
had anything
to do with visibility, which I believe to be a red herring. Certainly,
there is more "visibility"
to an intermediary that is inspecting HTTP headers, etc. but as has been
mentioned
on this thread, there are increasing numbers of proxies and firewalls that
can parse
SOAP messages, etc.

I'd be interested in you responding to my original point.

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
phone: +1 508 234 3624