RE: Summing up on visibility(?)

Hmm, now I recall some previous threads. I understood the visibility issue
when it was presented concretely (e.g., "firewalls can't filter messages
unless the information needed to filter is in the IP or HTTP headers").  As
you imply, I disagree -- <flamebait>saying that web services have to respect
1996-vintage firewall technology reminds me of the laws that require
"horseless carriage" owners to have a man with a red flag walking 100 feet
ahead to warn pedestrians to stay out of the way :-) </flamebait>. Firewall
vendors are developting technology that understands the contents of XML and
SOAP, such is the way of the world.  I can understand why one who doesn't
have an XML-aware firewall would want to stay away from all SOAP messages
with methods encoded in the body, but I don't think this is a good
architectural principle.

I guess I need to know why I should care about visibility other than as an
abstract property that REST has that other approaches don't in order to care
about it.