RE: Proposed text on reliability in the web services architecture

JJ Dubray wrote:
> As you move the context of the discussion from an action request
> to interactions with a (distributed) object, you are introducing
> a whole new class of problems that people have wrestling with
> for years.

The problems are there anyway.  They are not removed by
putting dispatchers and a Web service access point in front
of the distributed objects.

If you get rid of the dispatchers and just interact directly with
Web resources which deal in representations of externally-
facing business objects, you just removed one or more
layers of complexity, but you still need a mediation layer
between the internal object and the external resource.

As Peter Furniss says now and then, there is a fixed
amount of complexity involved in this problem, and
you can move the factors around and add unneccesary
factors, but you can't remove the essential ones.
(Peter says it better, but I can't remember his exact words...)

(But not all factorings are equal...)