Re: Summing up on visibility(?)

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 11:15:49 -0500
To: Miles Sabin <miles@milessabin.com>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:26:08AM +0000, Miles Sabin wrote:
> It might be helpful if we _did_ go into that. If we're trying to do a
> comparison it's important that we have something concrete to compare
> with. How would you recast (preferably at the level of HTTP traces)
> Chris' example to take full advantage of REST?

After I said I wouldn't go into it, I ended up doing so with my example.

I'd really prefer to use a PUT or GET example, rather than POST though,
because POST's definition isn't as simple as GET or PUT; unlike other
methods, its meaning can be extended, which makes explaining dispatch
behaviour and visibility much more difficult.  I wrote a bit about this
in my O'Reilly blog;

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/2331

So perhaps you could look at that example and let me know if you agree
that there's a difference in visibility between the two examples?  Just a
yes or no would suffice; there's been enough discussion on the points,
IMO.