RE: Myth of loose coupling

One of the reasons why the network effect worked well for XML, IMO, is that
XML is useful for many more things than distributed computing.  So there was
lots of innovation/implementations of XML because of the wide variety of
applications.  The very first implementations in fact had nothing to do with
distributed computing.  I remember the first XML vocabs were all about
interchanging documents, not for web-based protocols.  It was only some
wackos that were doing distributed computing with it.

The chain that I like is:
Wide applicability = lower costs, network effect = cheaper to plug into that
other network effect phenom, the web.

I think that is what Assaf is saying later on.

Cheers,
Dave