RE: Myth of loose coupling

Edwin,

It would certainly be possible to build RESTful web services using
SOAP/WSDL, if they were modelled in a RESTful way.  Now, the rub of the
issue for our group is: Do we want to deal with non-RESTful web services?
As in, do we want to talk about solutions/problems in non-RESTful modelling?
I say that we do.

BTW, I'm not sure that a webQueue is really a RESTful modelling.  In the
same way that Roy has attacked many CGI scripts for mapping REST to
non-REST, I think that queues are kind of publicly exposed bad CGI scripts.
the "resource" being modelled should be more the resource that
representations are indicative of, like POs/stockquotes/invoices/etc.  Not
"processing" things like queues.  But I might be wrong on this.

Cheers,
Dave