Re: Binding

From: Miles Sabin <miles@milessabin.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 20:30:06 +0000
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

David Orchard wrote,
> Excellent.  I'd tried to do the same earlier as well.  There's a
> little bit more to do to finish this off.
<snip/>

Before you get _too_ enthusiastic, I'd just like to point out that I
think there _are_ interesting ideas lurking in REST once you get past
the proselytizing, and they don't depend on human interaction any more
than any other approach.

IMO, what's distinctive and interesting about REST is that it
corresponds quite naturally to a programming model surprisingly similar
to formal models of distributed and mobile systems, the Pi calculus in
particular. That model is _very_ different from RPC-like programming
models, and definitely worth consideration, especially wrt
choreography/orchestration.

I'm against obfuscation, not REST, and saddened that half-baked (no pun
intended) advocacy is getting in the way of teasing out it's genuine
merits.

Cheers,

Miles