From: bhaugen [mailto:linkage@interaccess.com]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 6:31 AM
To: Assaf Arkin
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Re: Business Protocol (was: Application Protocol Definition)

Comments interspersed.
Not trying to make this into yet another permathread,
but the distinctions I made have evidence behind them.
They are not arbitrary.

#1 is not electronic.  It is the basic rules for offer-acceptance as
found in a commercial law book.
http://www.gldialtone.com/UCCformation.htm
#2 is a description of how to do #1 electronically.

#3 is a document.  It is not executable.
#4 is a script meant to be executed.

RosettaNet and UNCEFACT both know the difference very well. RosettaNet
already has #3, and is working on #4.

UNCEFACT has a UML version of #3 and
want to generate #4 from #3 using production rules.
They'll also generate RDF from #3.