RE: Visibility (was Re: Introducing the Service Oriented Architec tural style, and it's constraints and properties.

And now I'll answer the first paragraph.  Visibility is a degree of
visibility, not an absolute yes/no.  Firewalls will look at many things in
messages, like ip addresses, http methods, URIs, port #s, etc.

Even if the method name goes in the SOAP envelope, it's still visible to the
intermediary.  It may be harder than if the method wasn't.  I think you are
purposefully avoiding the simplicity argument that goes along with multiple
protocols.  There is a trade-off in properties at play.  Roughly it's
simplicity vs visibility and performance.

And that's all these years long discussion has ever been about, trade-offs
between properties.

Cheers,
Dave

http://www.markbaker.ca