  From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Assaf Arkin
  Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 10:42 PM
  To: Walden Mathews; Ugo Corda; www-ws-arch@w3.org
  Subject: RE: Sync Definition #2 (corrected)

  I just love permutations ;-)

  Seriously. In order to say that something is synchronous you need to say
what it is that's synchronous.

  The definition given below only describes a synchronous (request/response)
operation but doesn't describe an asynchronous (input-only or output-only)
operation, so it's only half way there. We still need to describe
asynchronous operations.

  And it describes the operation based on how the protocol works, which is
interesting and important, but still says nothing about the operation
itself.

  arkin