RE: A question for our leaders (was RE: AR023.7.1 (was Re: Dead trou t

RE: A question for our leaders (was RE: AR023.7.1 (was Re: Dead trou tI
actually think there is one 'architecture' for solving all design problems,
and variety of 'architectures' for solving specific design problems.

If you go to architecture school you learn about that one architecture. It
is generic enough to let you build bridges, hospitals and parking lots,
because it is very generic. I think the WSA should devise an architecture
like that.

On the other hand, if you build a loft for residence as opposed to a
dual-home dwelling there are different constraints you would use. All lofts
are built based on three common paradigm, and loft architects have specific
experience in that domain and are probably not hte people you would contact
to build a bridge or a hospital.

I don't think we need to overload the WSA with 'an architecture for
e-commerce', but we definitely need some place to design such an
architecture that could use those artifacts that are only interesting for
e-commerce (e.g. SOAP, WS-RM, WS-Security) and also expand on those concepts
that are specific to e-commerce but of no interest to WS in general (e.g.
UBL, DBNs, etc).

arkin