Request re visibility and firewalls

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 15:31:13 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

Hi all,

Whatever text the editors come up with regarding the reduced degree of
visibility, I think it would be useful to talk about what this loss
means to the WSA and to developers using it.

Specifically, I'd like to see something about how Web services expect
to get over firewalls, as visibility is the key property that enables
this.  As Roy wrote;

  "Visibility can enable [...] security by allowing the interactions to
   be inspected by mediators (e.g., network firewalls). "
   -- http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/pubs/dissertation/net_app_arch.htm#sec_2_3_5

I'd suggest something, but of course I don't believe that Web services
will get over firewalls. 8-O

Thanks.