Re: APIs - was Re: Visibility

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:25:44AM -0500, Geoff Arnold wrote:
> Oh really? *ONE*?!?! Where, pray?  In what language? C? C++?
> Java? C-sharp? Python? Fortran? Visual Basic? [continued on page 94]
> And "standardized" by whom?

I am, of course, referring to GET/PUT/POST/etc.., not any particular
language-specific abstraction of that API (like doGet(), or whatever).

When I say that Google and Altavista should "use the same API", in
Web services terms, I mean that they should be able to share a WSDL
document describing the interface to their services.  In Web terms,
I mean that they should both use HTTP, which they currently do.