RE: WSA issue 1: what is a priori knowledge?

I agree. The terms "a priori" and "a posteriori" bring a strong philosophical connotation, which might not be appropriate in our context (even though this might get falsified by the recent discussion on what a resource is :-)).

In particular, the primary meaning of a priori is "deductive", "relating to or derived by reasoning from self-evident propositions", which is not what we are talking about here.

Ugo