Re: Resource definition

From: Bill de hÓra <bill.dehora@propylon.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:19:13 +0000
To: James M Snell <jasnell@us.ibm.com>
CC: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>, Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com>, David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>, Michael Mealling <michael@verisignlabs.com>, "'Cutler, Roger \"\"(RogerCutler)'" <RogerCutler@ChevronTexaco.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org, www-ws-arch-request@w3.org

James M Snell wrote:
> The *act* of flipping the switch is *not* a resource.  The *protocol* that
> defines how to flip the switch *is* a resource.

I this one just goes round and round. If you wanted to name such an
act (say in an ontology or for a logic) and did so using a URI, then
its a resource. Mark Baker points out that maybe naming that action
doesn't buy you much, but it could buy someone something (say in an
ontology or for a logic), so i ddi see any reason to disallow the
possibility.

Bill de hÓra