Re: Architectural Roles document updated

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:47:11 -0500
To: "Jean-Jacques Moreau" <jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org, Heather Kreger <kreger@us.ibm.com>

At 03:30 PM 2/13/2003 +0100, Jean-Jacques Moreau wrote:
>One more comment: where does Google fit on scenario 0? The disovery agent
>is explicit on scenario T; but isn't it implicit on scenario 0? What did I

You are correct, Google isn't in Scenario 0.  Scenario 0 is simply included
as a point of departure for explaining Scenario 1, which is a scenario in
which the two parties are already known to each other, and thus do not need
to discover each other.

It would be possible to add a Scenario 0b that would model the case in
which the client uses Google to discover an appropriate Web site, but I
didn't bother to do that, because the purpose of the document is to focus
on Web services -- not conventional Web interactions -- and understand the
roles that are needed under various Web services scenarios.