Re: Messaging Service Layer

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:11:55 -0500
To: "Newcomer, Eric" <Eric.Newcomer@iona.com>
Cc: Walden Mathews <waldenm@optonline.net>, "Champion, Mike" <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>, www-ws-arch@w3.org

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 09:30:36AM -0500, Newcomer, Eric wrote:
> Here are some "for whats" it would be helpful to include in the arguments:
>
> -- For XML in a LAN environment
> -- For XML in a WAN environment
> -- For XML in an EAI system
> -- For XML is a B2B system
> -- For XML as a replacement for HTML
> -- For RPC-oriented systems
> -- For message oriented systems

Add to that;

  For the Internet

If you're familiar with a more widely accepted stack than the IETF one,
used in the context of architecting Internet scale systems, I'd love to
see a pointer.  It is the best thing we've got, flaws and all.  If you
want to invent a new one, ok, but let's at least *relate* it to the well
established one, which is all I'm asking.