RE: Layering in ebXML and WSA

Hi Colleen,

I should have made my position clearer.  My main interest in this is to
clarify what WE do, not what ebXML does.  I don't think that *our* messaging
layer will have this "CPA" type of stuff in it (whatever it is!) but I don't
see anything in the document now that says that.  I'd like to nudge the
discussions started at the F2F forward, and I'm sorry if this thread is
taking it off into the weeds!

Still, I think it would be useful to harvest from this thread a paragraph or
two for the WSA doc on how the WSA accomodates or distinguishes itself from
the ebXML messaging model.  Some (e.g. Roger) have noted that they do have a
use case for "heavy" (sorry) B2B messaging with SOAP.  Can we learn from
ebXML, either positively or negatively, to address such use cases?  I fear
that if we ignore it, we'll not only fail to learn from actual experience in
this area but also setup Frequently Asked Questions that we'll have to
answer anyway.

But if others feel that this thread is a distraction, please just ignore it
and continue on with your productive work.  Or better yet, start an
anti-thread that clarifies what the WSA messaging model *is* using the
properties/relationships/constraints framework.

As for BPSS and choreography, that's Martin's problem, not mine <grin>.  We
should be dealing with that only at the highest level, not digging into it.
I just want to know what things like "CPA" are at a high level and how they
relate to other properties, relationships, and constraints.

Thanks,

Mike