Federation vs P2P discovery

From: Paul Denning <pauld@mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:55:11 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org

On the WSAWG telecon on 2003-12-11, I discussed some thoughts about
modeling discovery as being described by a choreography.

Katia, I think, disagreed and introduced the notion of peer-to-peer (P2P)
discovery.  Was it that a choreography would not apply in P2P discovery?

Katia also seemed to distinguish between several exchanges to a UDDI
registry (find business, get business, get service, get binding), versus a
sequence of exchanges that cross from one registry to another (perhaps,
from peer to peer?).  Is the point that a sequence within a registry would
not require a choreography, but exchanges across boundaries would merit a
choreography?

Please clarify the points you were raising.

Paul