Task/action/goal simplification

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:01:39 -0500
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
While performing my action items about clarifying things pointed out
by Massimo in his OWL formalization, I realized that task/action/goal
(for the second time) are confusing.

For example, the definition talks about actions:

| A service is a resource that is capable of performing a set of actions

and the relationships exposed talk about tasks:

| a service performs
|    one or more tasks

There are a few other places like this that I have spotted. Since the
differences are not clear as tasks and actions are pretty much used
the same way, and since goal isn't defined as a concept, just
mentioned under task and appearing on a diagram, I would like to
sugges that those three terms be grouped under a single concept:
action.

Regards,

Hugo

--