From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 4:52 PM
To: Champion, Mike; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Intermediaries

Where do gateways fit into this?  Beyond the scope of intermediaries?
If so, what is the distinction that puts them outside the scope.

By "gateway" I have in mind, for example, a company that provides, as a
service, the collecting of purchase requests from client companies and
the sending of the required purchase request to vendors, handling  along
the way security, tracking, and so on.