RE: Issue: Synch/Asynch Web services

From: Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:07:48 -0700
To: "Geoff Arnold" <Geoff.Arnold@Sun.COM>
Cc: "Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)" <RogerCutler@ChevronTexaco.com>, <www-ws-arch@w3.org>

I don't see being implementation-neutral as corresponding to not being able to talk about anything that relates to implementation. In cases like sync/async where the common understanding is implementation-related, I think it's very legitimate for WSA to discuss it.

We might want to distinguish the definition of the concept as it relates to MEPs from the definition that relates to agents behavior. But I don't think it's acceptable to only deal with the former and ignore the latter.

Ugo