RE: Some proposed definitions of "web service" based on the call toda y

I acknowledge the benefits of discussion and discourse and disagreement.
I prefer those things to be driving toward understandin--then when
understanding is reached, argreement or disagreement is founded.

> Dave, you do not seem to acknowledge the position I (and a few other
people)
> took yesterday on this subject, i.e. that our definition of Web services
> coincide with what is included in our architecture.

How is that not "the first thing" and choices 1 and 2?

My posting was discussing your statement:
> I have some serious doubts that, by giving a definition of
> Web services that does not conflict directly with what ebXML
> has today (e.g. not requiring
> WSDL), we will automatically comprehend ebXML in our architecture.

Clearly, at least to me, option 3 would allow definition that does
not conflict nor does it require explict inclusion into the defined
architecture. Said differently, I *could* define web services in an
inclusive way and create an architecture in a more exclusive way.

DaveH

Dave, you do not seem to acknowledge the position I (and a few other people)
took yesterday on this subject, i.e. that our definition of Web services
coincide with what is included in our architecture.

I know it's not the same position you took, but that's why we have many
people in the same group, i.e. to make the discussion more interesting and
less uniform ;-)

Ugo