RE: Nailing down the definition of "Web services" and the scope o f WS A for the document

Well, this term is used in the TAG "Architecture of the World Wide Web"
document with which we should aligned.  I guess it does need explanation,
however.

> 2. "A Web service is an interface to an executable software agent..."
>     >> Are we saying a web service is not a service, but is an
> interface. Isn't a web service a service with an exposed interface?

I addressed this in a reply to Walden M.

> 3. "...designed to be used by another software agent."
>     >>Why not say 'client' instead of agent and give examples of a
> client. Or maybe the fact that the interface is exposed
> implies that is  can be used by others.

I had meant to put the term "client" in and forgot to. A suggestion well
worth considering by the editors!

> 4. Also, why have a "web service" and an "XML web service"
> definition.
> What is wrong with taking the XML web service definition and
> making it  the "WSA-compliant Web service" definition.

I think that's another wide-open issue.  It would be good to hear other
opinions on what to call the scope of the WSA, I for one could live with
either "WSA-compliant" or "XML".