RE: Is This a Web Service?

From: Jim Webber <jim.webber@arjuna.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:23:43 +0100
To: <www-ws-arch@w3.org>, <www-ws-arch-request@w3.org>

Roger:

> Do other people think that if it doesn't use WSDL it's not a
> Web service?  I personally don't like this at all.

Nor do I, but then I have the seemingly contrarian view that SOAP is
implicitly involved :-) (and not necessarily anything to do with the Web).

While I can appreciate that this group does not necessarily have to have a
commercially-facing outlook, we are at risk of marginalisation if the
architecture fragments into X different flavours of Web services.

Jim