RE: Resolution of Web Services Architecture Issues 27 and 28

Somehow I feel empowered to answer: "YES!!"  IT IS DAMN WELL TOO LATE to
add a normative input, as in a modification to our charter involving
scope or technical constraints.  This WG has been working for ... What?
A year and a half now?  It was chartered to do its job in two years or
maybe it was 2.5 -- I don't know.  I sort of remember 18 months, but I
think that was wishful thinking.

YES, IT IS TOO LATE!!

Of course, I have no standing whatsoever to make that answer, other than
deep feelings, and in fact I am empowered by nothing but passion.

As for the specific issue at hand -- I think the opinion of many people
is that the OSI stack is a very fine thing, and one can certainly learn
from it by analogy and of course one needs to be compatible with it ...
But that's very easy because it's specifically referring to a different
thing and everything we are doing is in one layer on top or something
like that.  I think that everyone concerned would be very happy to hear
your ideas about how the OSI stack can inspire, guide or even constrain
the WS Architecture -- in the context of getting that architecture
articulated.  Please feel more than welcome to show us how to apply it
in a useful way to whatever issues are in scope at the time as we
proceed.

Again, the above statements are empowered by nothing but passion.

I need a vacation.  Fortunately, I am on a plane tomorrow morning.