Re: Intermediaries - various cases

No, a SOAP intermediary is a SOAP node that (may process but
certainly) relays SOAP messages. A "SOAP processor" (obsolete
term as far as SOAP 1.2 is concerned) is an implementation
artefact that does some processing for/on behalf of a "SOAP
application" (undefined term); collectively, they may be seen as
an implementation of a SOAP node (or a SOAP intermediary, if they
support forwarding).

It may also be worth pointing out that being a SOAP intermediary
is not necessarily a full-time job. The decision to act as a SOAP
intermediary is (SOAP) message specific. A given SOAP node may
play the role of the ultimate SOAP receiver for some messages and
that of a SOAP intermediary for others.

Jean-Jacques.