RE: Label for Top Node of "triangle diagram"

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Dave Hollander
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 10:56 AM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Label for Top Node of "triangle diagram"

Registries have been defined in great detail by
eco, ebxml and a host of other technologies (eg. dns).
If we use the term, we will have to be careful to
define it as a logical abstraction that does not
necessarily carry all of the specialized semantics
from other technologies.

One semantic I will always have a hard time removing
from registry is that there is a persistent data store
tightly coupled with it. I believe that Heather's point
about not likeing "repository" is becuase of the presumption
of storage--and I feel the same about registry.

The roles, as I understand them, are:
1) a "place" to advertise a service's availability
2) an agency that brokers services' descriptions
3) a "place" to discover what services are availabile

Are these right?

If so, my preferences:

1) Advertising and Discovery Services
2) Services Description and Discovery