Re: Words for the Triangles

No, you do not discover from the web. Google discovers from the Web. Then
he records it in his registry. THEN  you discover from Google, which is
searching his  - gasp - registry.  So, you are discovering from a registry.

Your interaction with this registry is not any different if it was
populated by traditional  registration of URLs... which apparently is
'not-the-web'. So the abstraction survives despite the fact that it is
populated in apparently web popular and web unpopular methodologies.

The 'web' does not by itself create a google. Some very savy people did it
very deliberately.  Besides which, there are many search engines that
populate their registry/directory with crawled data fromthe web. Google is
one case.

Heather Kreger
Web Services Lead Architect
STSM, SWG Emerging Technology
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572

David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>@w3.org on 09/26/2002 04:57:52 PM

Please respond to "David Booth" <dbooth@w3.org>

Sent by:    www-ws-arch-request@w3.org