Re: Words for the Triangles

From: Heather Kreger <kreger@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:54:16 -0400
To: "David Booth" <dbooth@w3.org>
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org

No, you do not discover from the web. Google discovers from the Web. Then
he records it in his registry. THEN  you discover from Google, which is
searching his  - gasp - registry.  So, you are discovering from a registry.

Your interaction with this registry is not any different if it was
populated by traditional  registration of URLs... which apparently is
'not-the-web'. So the abstraction survives despite the fact that it is
populated in apparently web popular and web unpopular methodologies.

The 'web' does not by itself create a google. Some very savy people did it
very deliberately.  Besides which, there are many search engines that
populate their registry/directory with crawled data fromthe web. Google is
one case.

Heather Kreger
Web Services Lead Architect
STSM, SWG Emerging Technology
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572

David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>@w3.org on 09/26/2002 04:57:52 PM

Please respond to "David Booth" <dbooth@w3.org>

Sent by:    www-ws-arch-request@w3.org