RE: Words for the Triangles

I really like the notion of having the 4 stages of lifecycle.  But I think
the use of the 6 steps following is a bit much for now.  I suggest we
include and expand on the 4 stages for now.

I'd like mention of UDDI removed.  While my company certainly supports UDDI
as a major solution for registries, it seems a bit presumptive that it is
the only one, or even the right architecture for all web services.  Perhaps
we could replace "UDDI" with centralized registry?  This seems very much
aligned with the WS-I work, where a UDDI registry is an optional aspect of
the ws-i basic profile.

I'd also like us to make sure we keep the notion of a lack of WSDL for a web
service as being valid - as supported by GET for example.  Thus I think the
following text "A web service is described using a standard, formal XML
notion, called its service description, that provides all of the details
necessary to interact with the service, including message formats (that
detail the operations), transport protocols, and location. "

Could be changed to "A web service can described using a standard, formal
XML notion, called its service description, that provides all of the details
necessary to interact with the service, including message formats (that
detail the operations), transport protocols, and location.  A web service
can also be provided without a formal service description.  This can be
useful in cases where message formats, protocols and locations are provided
in the identifier (ie URI) of the service.  "

There's one thing which that's bothering me a little bit.  And I almost
don't want to bring it up, though I'm sure we're going to have to deal with
it at some point.  Are the phases that a particular component goes through
considered part of architecture or not?  For example: I can define an
architecture for a house.  But that architecture doesn't say "lay the
foundation first, then the framing, etc.".  That's house construction
methods.  Are we coflating architecture with software design?   Don't get me
wrong, I again believe we need to describe the components and interactions
(hence architecture) during lifecycle.  But maybe we're doing more than
architecture.  Again, not that I think that's a bad thing because somebody
sure needs to.  I'm just highlighting that we might have to be careful and
rigorous on what we define as architecture versus construction.

cheers,
dave